Comic books have never lacked superheroes to save the world from evil and darkness, but unfortunately, that’s not the case with the real world, the one we actually live in. Our world is in urgent need of real heroes to save the earth from the darkness that’s spreading upon with a little magic called kindness. Unlike the comic world where not everyone is a hero, in this world, everyone has the magical power “kindness” and can play their part in making the world a better place.
You don’t need to be wearing a cape or driving the Batmobile; that’s only a thing in the comic world. All you need to do to save the world is to practice random acts of kindness. Small, thoughtful, seemingly-meaningless but very meaningful random acts of kindness a day can make a difference, starting today. Here are few random acts of kindness ideas to inspire you to do more good and kind acts on a daily basis in so many different ways.
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
- Donate your old books to your local library and help others who have financial issues get educated too.
- Next time you’re in a coffee shop, pay for the coffee of the stranger that’s waiting right behind you.
- Whenever you find yourself in a shopping center, a restaurant or some other place with lots of people, hold the door open instead of releasing it as soon as you exit/enter.
- If you live away from your parents, call them every week and tell them that you love them.
- Put a $5 bill in an envelope saying “Hey, you. Pick me up!” and leave it at a public place.
- Visit a nursing home or care home in your town and spend some time talking to someone who will surely enjoy some company.
- Give greater than 25% tips to waiters from time to time and think about how happy you are about to make someone.
- Give a dollar or two to the homeless person you normally ignore.
- Buy some sweet treats for the children playing in your street on your way back from work.
- Support a local animal shelter financially or by bringing some supplies over there.
- Volunteer for a cause you really like.
- Donate blood and maybe you will save someone’s life.
- Give up your bus seat for an elderly person, no matter how tired you’re feeling.
- Write a motivation quote on a sticky note and stick it on your neighbor’s door.
- Praise a coworker for their latest achievement, but only if you are truly happy for them.
- Play sports with younger kids and let them win so they can feel mighty.
- Help an elderly on the street or in the store by carrying their bags.
- Next time you’re done with your training at the gym, store all the weights and other gym equipment to their belonging places.
- Teach a friend of yours one of your professional skills for free.
- If you have a long hair, cut it short and donate it to a foundation that uses real hair to make wigs for children who have cancer.