Computers just like anything else, they really aren’t made to last. Things can go wrong when you lease expect them like viruses or broken hardware. It is important that you have a reliable computer repairing company that can easily come and fix any problems you might have. This is especially true for people who use their computers for work or work from home. So how do you know you’re getting your moneys worth? Well, there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself as well as the computer repairs company in order to determine whether they are they best company for you. The problem most people have is that they don’t know what they should be looking for which can really apply to any industry that you might need at some point. It’s always better to do your research and know what makes up a reliable company before you go and hire one. If you want to know more about how to choose a good computer repairs company then keep reading below for more information.
1. Ask for recommendations – This is a great way to find out what companies your friends and family have used before. This way you can get first hand accounts as to how good of an experience was with each company. It’s a great way to find companies as well as know just what they can do for you. It’s a great starting place, although you should keep in mind that whatever experience someone else has had might not necessarily be the same for you. However, it is still better than choosing a company at random selection.
2. Know the address – There are so many “companies” that promote their products and services online yet fail to give you a real address, which can make things a little scary. You should always ask where their company is located and you should be sure to deliver your computer yourself. You always want to have a receipt that comes with a physical address on it to make sure that you can get your money back if necessary. You should also make sure to check the address and match it up to their website to make sure that everything is legitimate.
3. Ask about payment methods – You should always know what options you have when it comes to payment. Always be wary of businesses that only offer a limited amount of payment options like cash or via credit card. If you can’t transfer the money or pay with a Cheque then you should probably avoid this company just to be sure.
4. Ask about their insurance policy and warranty – Always ask if the company you are considering has business insurance, this way you can be sure if they are covered for public liability. You should also ask about their warranty and whether they will cover the charge of something that they couldn’t fix properly. You should be sure to ask about all these things when choosing a computer repair company to make sure that they are running a legitimate business.
5. Can they back up your files? – This really does depend on the extent to damage your computer has gone under. It all comes down to how healthy your hard disc is. Sometimes a virus can badly damage it as well as outside forces like dust or force. You can easily break it which makes recovering files sometimes impossible. If the company doesn’t offer to at least try and save your files from the very beginning of the conversation then you should consider going elsewhere.
6. Rates and fees – If the companies going rates seem almost too good to be true then they probably are. While it is perfectly fine to shop around to find a cheaper going rate, if it is substantially lower then you should consider why this is. Are the parts they are selling you genuine or are they a cheaper version. Going rates are also much lower for more inexperienced or illegitimate companies so beware of who you choose.