The bathroom takes an important part of our homes. It is the place where we usually start our day so maybe is a good idea to put some more effort in the way you will arrange this space. All bathroom furniture pieces have their own role in the entire atmosphere but shower screens take the main one. Not only the shower screen will keep your bathroom free from spattered water but will dramatically change the look.
Often time the shower screen takes the focal point in the bathroom which means it is important to take your time if you want to make the right choice. With the wide selection of shower screens available, it can be a daunting task which one will be most suitable for you. So here is a brief guide about how to buy the right shower screen that will complement your bathroom.
Shower screens come in many different types. So you should choose the screen depending on what you want and how much space you have.
- Pivot door is a type of screen where the screen is completely fixed in place, except the door.
- Sliding door shower screen has one or more fixed panels and a door that slides to one side.
- Corner shower screen is a type of screen that is designed to be installed in the corner and comes with two or more fixed panels with pivot door.
- Fixed and swing screen works by having a swinging door and a fixed panel. If you have enough space in the bathroom this screen is quite a good choice.
- Fixed panel shower screen comes without a door, just a panel of glass fixed in place.
All these types can come with three main designs: full framed, semi-frameless and fully frameless.
A glass thickness is another important consideration. Going through the range of different bathroom screens you will note that they also come with different glass thickness, generally ranging from 3mm to 8mm. The bigger the thickness the heavier the screen, but when it comes to which one to choose it is all up to your personal preferences. The thicker glass usually offers more luxurious and quality appeal to the bathroom, but they also work great.
In order to provide you with additional comfort and functionality, some designs of shower screens come with extra features like shelves and towel rails. The towel rail will help you always have the towel within easy reach while the elegant shelves will help you keep all your shampoos, shower gels, and other showering essentials close at hand.