Before you go for that set of purple nap low back dining chairs, you must think of your interior design and the chairs comfortability as well. In fact, when buying new dining chairs for your home, you must make sure the chairs are both comfortable and stylish at the same time. And while there are lots of fancy dining chairs you can choose from that differ by material, colour, brand and shape, there are some important things you need to understand before making the purchase.
Size is maybe one of the most neglected things when it comes to choosing a dining chair, but in fact it needs to be one of the first things we need to consider. What’s the point of buying the fancy purple low back set of chairs when they’re not going to fit in your dining room?! There’s no point, right?!
So, it all boils down to one thing, consider the size of the room and measure the free space around your table. This is essential in order to determine the size and number of chairs you can accommodate around the table.
Armchair Or Armless Chair?
It is really up to you! There’s no written rule about whether to buy or not armchairs or armless chairs, however, usually armchairs are placed at the head of the table, while the armless chairs on the sides. But just like we said, this really depends on your personal preference, the decorating style and the free space.
Before making a decision, keep in mind that armchairs take up more space than armless chairs, but they are also more comfortable when compared to armless ones.
Consider The Style
Before you choose the dining set, you need to consider your style. Consider the shape, back height, legs, arms, seats, durability and material as well. Everything needs to match to your overall style in order to get the “wow” effect.
Choose The Material
Since material is also an important thing you need to consider, have a look at the different types of materials you can choose from.
- Wood is the most commonly used type of material for chairs as it is versatile and sturdy, meaning that it gives you the opportunity to choose from a number of different finishes and styles as well.
- Metal is another quality and sturdy option for a chair, and you can choose between different finishes and types of metal. To add more drama and charm to your dining room, you can combine for example a wooden dining table with metal chairs.
- Upholstered chairs (whether you choose leather, nap or other fabric) are all about adding freshens and brightness in your home through colours.
- Acrylic chairs are usually used in modern-minimalist or small spaces as they are smaller than the other types of chairs.
- Rattan or wicker chairs can provide both style and texture, but they are usually used as an outdoor furniture.
Look For Quality Chairs
Least, but not last, do not forget to check the quality of the chairs. Carefully check the arms, legs, back and seat, and also check for any scratches and see if the seat is comfortable.